One of the best reasons to hire a Business Broker to sell your business is they keep the transaction moving along. We can’t tell you how many times we’ve heard people say “We were in a deal, but the buyer stopped calling and it fell apart”. Most people hear the term Broker and the first thing that comes to mind is “How much will it cost me”?
The answer is quite simple; you pay a percentage of the sale price to a Broker to sell the business for you. You shouldn’t have to pay an upfront fee because there are plenty of Brokers out there that don’t charge one. When you sell a home, the Real Estate Agent never charges a retainer to list your home – if it’s sold – they get paid.
A Few benefits of hiring an Intermediary are listed below:
- Business Brokers will pay to market your business confidentially. Your competitors, suppliers and employees won’t know you’re selling.
- Business Brokers will field calls and emails from prospective buyers and weed out the dreamers, tire kickers and unqualified buyers.
- They’ll provide Non-Disclosure Agreements for all prospective buyers to sign so your information remains confidential.
- Brokers will give you advice and input on pricing your business and suggest terms that will help you sell the business.
- Most Brokers have extensive Buyer lists loaded with pre-qualified prospects looking for businesses.
- A prospective buyer will tell an intermediary about concerns they might not share with the seller. Often times they’re afraid a seller will take their concern personally, never ask and never buy the business.
- Many Business Brokers have lending contacts that can help your prospective buyers finance your business.
The list of benefits goes on and on. The best part about hiring a Business Broker is if they don’t sell your business, you don’t have to pay them.
We offer a full menu of Business Brokerage Services for a variety of businesses. Please contact us for a free, no obligation consultation.